Duties & Responsibilities
Your role as Events Manager will focus on managing all of Walkabout’s fundraisers from start to end. Our fundraising initiatives range from sport challenges (such as the New York, London, Berlin and Paris Marathons, Prudential RideLondon100, Camino de Santiago and Three Peaks Challenge to mention a few) to film screenings, events at local schools, dinners, galas and our 5k London Walkabout in Hyde Park every two years.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Plan fundraising events and campaigns from start to end, liaising with the Head of Fundraising, the CFO, COO and the CEO, providing budgets and impact analysis.
- Execute fundraising events and campaigns from start to end, including: strategies to sign up participants, marketing materials, and correspondence with event participants, promoting fundraising pages, booking venues, suppliers and entertainers, negotiating supplier budgets, liaising with event planners and event committees, ordering event materials and any Walkabout branded items, coordinating volunteers, and liaising with PR agencies, marketing and social media teams as well as providing management on the day of the event.
- Wrap up any fundraising events and campaigns, including thank you letters to donors and suppliers, and follow up on payments and collections.
- Update our internal donor system and assist in developing our CRM system.
- Liaise actively with our social media manager, ensuring any relevant event related information on any channel including our website is always up to date.
- Create and manage event related fundraising pages.
- Liaise with the CFO and COO on any financial or operational matters.
- Report to the CEO and to the Board of Trustees on a regular basis.
- A genuine interest in our cause;
- An extensive experience and track record of a minimum of five years successfully running events at the highest level;
- Discretion and great interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent oral and written English. Good knowledge of other languages would be an additional asset;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to take the lead and proactively seek opportunities to create new events and develop existing ones, promote donor engagement and identify synergies to further our mission;
- Financial literacy and knowledge of compliance requirements for charities in the UK. Experience in financial budgeting and reporting both internally and to third parties, including donors;
- The willingness and ability to work in a small team, and often under pressure to deliver in short deadlines. Previous experience managing a team would be ideal;
- The availability and desire to travel internationally, in some occasions even last minute;
- The right to live and work in the UK.
The remuneration package for this role will be in line with the experience of the successful candidate.