Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning the execution, follow-up and monitoring of our wheelchair distributions internationally. This includes:
- Liaising with our international partners on beneficiary lists, distribution timelines and resources needed, ensuring appropriate agreements are in place;
- Negotiating wheelchair prices with our suppliers, transportation and other fees, as well as tax exemptions;
- Planning trips and any logistics associated, including booking any transport and accommodation as needed and ensuring travel forms and other paperwork is in place;
- Setting up and leading travelling teams, which may include, from time to time, specialized medical staff, volunteers and/or donors;
- Organizing the training of any local resources following international guidelines and best practice;
- Ensuring all our wheelchairs are distributed to the highest standards, with adequate beneficiary fitting, training and follow up.
- Supervising the operations of our wheelchair assembly and rehabilitation centres internationally. This includes liaising with local staff and reviewing budget proposals and monitoring the use of resources and expenditure.
- Monitoring the outcome of the research programmes we are currently funding and identifying new research opportunities to direct our funding grants to.
- Liaising with the CFO and COO on any financial or operational matters.
- Reporting to the CEO and to the Board of Trustees on a regular basis.
- Creating donor reports and liaising with any donors when and as needed alongside the Fundraising Director.
- A genuine interest in our cause;
- An extensive experience and track record of a minimum of five years successfully running programmes at an international level;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent oral and written English. Good knowledge of other languages would be an additional asset;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to take the lead and proactively seek opportunities to develop our programmes, promote beneficiary welfare and donor engagement, identify synergies and further our mission;
- Financial literacy and knowledge of compliance requirements for charities in the UK. Experience in financial budgeting and reporting both internally and to third parties, including donors;
- The willingness and ability to work in a small team, and often under pressure to deliver in short deadlines. Previous experience managing a team would be ideal;
- The availability and desire to travel internationally, in some occasions even last minute;
- The right to live and work in the UK.
The remuneration package for this role will be in line with the experience of the successful candidate.